Saturday 13 June 2009

Walk Upon England's Mountain Green



According to recent surveys, I live in the "least green" (ie, park-filled) borough in London. And yet - and yet! - all that you see above is a mere short walk from my homestead. How lucky am I, ungardened backyardlessness notwithstanding?!

The photos were taken exactly two weeks ago - on a bewwdddiful day (as Con may have said in those halcyon days of yore) during a really rejuvenating two-hour walk. Today is more of a Sedentary Saturday. If I were a wanker I would say today I really need to "regroup", but I'm not, so I won't. Oh, I guess I just did ergo I am. Always had my suspicions anyway.

One of my best buddies, J, studied Latin a few years ago (And people tell me Yiddish is a dying language?!). She taught me a few excellent etymologies, one of which is:

Pro = For
Craste = Tomorrow

And thus we in the Modern World have procrastinating, which is what I am doing right now. And since I don't want to leave this backlog of paperwork, tidying and washing "for tomorrow", I shall bid you good day (or g'day, as my kinfolk would have it) and hope your end suitably justifies your week.

No comments: