Thursday 25 June 2009

Angel Ascending


She was always secretly my favourite, despite the fact that my innate feminist instincts instructed me to always say that Kate Jackson, bookish brunette, precursor to Mirandadyke trope, was the Angel for me.

RIP Farrah. Your name* is Persian (Iranian) for "beauty". How accurate (yours brought you fame) and timely (genuine beauty of humanity currently under attack in Iran). Thankfully you are released from the pain of cancer and the indignity afforded you by modern menaces ("the tabloids", "TMfuckingZ"-grade reportage, a sick, sad, avoid-reality public), especially the series of you suffering that was officially "In Production".

People are sick fucking bastards.

*One of my hypothetical daughter's names was Farrah but I knew I'd have to partner it with a name like "Sage", meaning wisdom, as a middle name. Beauty is SOOOOOOOOOOoverrated in this world while intellect/insight/sensitivity/ordinariness/reality as opposed to "reality" are given the old STFU.

It is so past my bedtime.
Time to board the express to Bedfordshire before backpedalling to Black ...

No comments: