Monday 20 July 2009

[M]advertising



I love David Mitchell (his columns in The Observer are laugh-out-loud funny) and Robert Webb, but I love even more when men get on board with recognising inequality as the mishegas it is. The fact is that feminism liberates us all. It is so perverse that we have come to be represented as "man haters" when it is so bleeding obvious that men who are with women who subscribe fully to outmoded restrictive gender roles (which invariably inhibit the development of a fully-realised self) are actually the ones living less than love-filled lives.

And I know we're better in bed. Please. I found my clitoris way before it was fashionable ...

2 comments:

Elly said...

David Mitchell is a chunky, hangdog, social revolutionary who has some of the best comic timing I've ever heard. (I like Mitchell and Webb but I can't watch a whole one - so thanks for posting this.)

Doctor Plog said...

Oh, I can't watch it either. I think I found this clip on feministe! But if I was pressed to name a celebrity crush it is definitely DM. (He's just taken over from Stephen Fry who was a bit mean-boy on Buzzcocks last week and lost his long-held position ...)