Sunday 5 July 2009

Dr Plog Goes To Wimbledon




... which is actually antithetical to all that I stand for and makes mockery of my hippy-dippy love all (ahem!) bullshit: I am actually a bigoted anti-sportite. Hate it both as participant and spectator. But I do like any excuse to drink all day so I did the District Linedance - and actually ended up enjoying the games/sets/matches! Saw the Williams sisters but couldn't make out the balls after they thwacked them as they were rendered into that total cartoon imagining of something literally zooming by. Saw Martina The Great (Love her! She was in fact the first person I ever knew was a lesbian when I learnt the term so I've always had a positive association with the word.) And as an Oystrayliyan it was fair dinkum bonza, mate, to see the bloke Mr Spooner would have known as Cat Pash! And whodathunk there was still a market for his sweaty headbands?

So the moral of the story is? Don't judge a sport by how mindnumbingly boring it is on television ...

No comments: