Tuesday 19 May 2009

Faux-storian

So the other day I wrote about how I'm a bit of a lady-who-lunches in feminist clothing, a femifraud, if you will be so indulgent. And now I just realised I am also a Fauxstorian, that is, someone who writes "Historian" on forms (landing cards, etc) when she really makes most of her (minimum) wage in retail. Just because I have a degree in History doesn't make me a Historian -- it's not like just because I wank, I'm automatically a ...

Actually, yes. Yes, I am one. (A fact doubly confirmed by the fact that I write "Historian" when I'm not one.)

Why do we tell ourselves little lies? Does it matter? Is a bit of that Egyptian River what we need in order to survive this crazy world?

Could I be* any more Tryhard Carrie Bradshaw?



*Or indeed, Chandler Bing?

3 comments:

Rochelle Rochelle said...

Next time you land, or otherwise need to define yourself in 10 letters or less, why not try "blographer"? It sounds totally legit and now you've got the posts to prove it!

Doctor Plog said...

I like it! Maybe I'll even customise it and call myself a "plographer" ...

Anonymous said...

'Yes I am one actually' - er, which? An historian, or, erm...