Wednesday 5 May 2010

Favourite Song?

Someone asked me the other day. I generally dislike "favourite" questions if denied the right to multiple responses; part of it is a fear of being categorised or essentialised, I guess.

But I have thought long and hard. This may not be it,


but it is definitely one of the top 5, possibly down to the fact that Tom and Bette do it for me separately, and what first seems incongruous quickly dissolves into honeyed, whiskeyed, sexy seamlessness.

What's yours? You're allowed five.

2 comments:

James said...

I love your favourite song. Like, maybe even with capital L. Tom and Bette together is pure magic.

For me, and I've yet to really work out why, my favourite song is probably U2's 'October'.

But, like you, I find it hard to be pigeonholed. Especially about my music, at is all depends on my mood.

Doctor Plog said...

No pigeonholing here, James. Just a lot of respect for your contribution, and a lot of love for stopping by here. x