Friday 16 April 2010

Online, unkind?


Just got into a bit of a spat on the Guardian website, which I left with these words:

"Apologies for my rudeness. I just get a bit defensive when writers I admire are attacked anonymously by people with an option to skip articles that aren't to their tastes, choosing instead to insult both the writer and, by implication, their readership (eg, me). I can't even fathom why people do that. I don't give a crap about the financial blogs - should I go tell them?"

and ended with this plea:

"The internet has created a strange, anarchic society which isn't always a nice place to play, and I just think once in a while we should remind ourselves how our interactions would look in real life, and then adjust our antennae accordingly.

Peace."


Why can't we all just get along? No, really. I'm asking.

No comments: