Friday 16 April 2010

I'm having a multiple cleggasm!


Yes, I've made the joke twice (it's my facebook status update) but (a) the majority of my friends are Aussies and won't get it and (b) HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so fucking happy - and I can't even vote! (I can in local elections as a commonwealthee, but not nationally until I apply for citizenship, which I most certainly will because (a) I can do dual and (b) I LOVE BEING A CITIZEN! It is one of my favourite roles ever! Excepting Betty Parris in my high school production of The Crucible and Monica Lewinsky with my bf during the Clinton scandal ... but I digress ...)

I know the Obama analogies will rankle with many, and perhaps rightly so, but my heart felt so much lighter at every mention of "a third way" - plus the Cable guy? He can fiddle with my antennae anytime, ifyoucatchmydrift. I love a man who talks dir[ec]t[l]y.

But seriously? A politician trying to put justice, equality, and humanity on the agenda? What the ...? A one-two-punch rejection of Bullyboy Brown and Cringeworthy Cameron? ("I agree with Nick!" "No! I agree with Nick!"). Brilliantly executed - who was the alpha male in that debate? I could only love Clegg more if he had a vagina. That's high praise from the rabid Dr. P, btw! Also: MORE WOMEN IN POSITIONS OF POWER PLEASE. It is so fucking monotonous. I'd like to see a pantsuit or two, if it's not too much trouble. Postfuckingfeminism, my grobeh tuchiss.

Also thanks to TV for making it all possible! (Dr P 4 TV 4eva) Brown did a Nixon (BIG surprise there) and the Toryboy was outclassed by the contender with real class.

Vote Lib Dem, please. Do it for those of us who can't.



ETA: I am so embarassed I wrote this. I feel like it's all my fault!!!!!!

No comments: